.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Topic Of Cancer By Christopher Hitchens - 883 Words

Drifting Through Tumortown Topic of Cancer by Christopher Hitchens is a powerful tale of a person diagnosed with cancer. Hitchens likens having cancer to a trip through a strange town with a strange dialogue. He says this best by saying â€Å"I see it as a very gentle and firm deportation, taking me from the country of the well across the stark frontier that marks off the land of the malady.† (Hitchens) I am fortunate not to have a personal experience to measure the one of Mr. Hitchens but I do have several second hand experiences from the death of my Great-Grandmother, My Grandmother and my best friend Alice. I truly believe cancer is one of the lonely roads anyone must ever travel but like the Author adrift in Tumortown those close to the people involved ultimate have a piece of themselves live or die with them. The Diagnosis for many especially those who are the diagnosed can be the scariest thing. Seeing this first hand with my grandmother who did not want to tell anyone o f what had happened it was tough. I was a little less then fifteen when I went to live with my grandmother for a short time. She quickly showed me things like cooking and gardening and the value of hard work so when I overheard her talking to my grandfather about having to get chemo the next day I was beside myself. She finally told me the next day about her diagnosis. Though we may care for those diagnosed seldom do we ever truly know what they are going through? I mean how often do you have things youShow MoreRelatedThe Topic Of Cancer By Christopher Hitchens1042 Words   |  5 PagesTopic of Chemotherapy I chose to write an essay about the â€Å"Topic of Cancer† by Christopher Hitchens. In this short autobiographical essay, Hitchens discusses his experience with Esophageal cancer. Just one day after lanching his book â€Å"Hitch-22† Hitchens was made aware of his illness, where he later describes the news as â€Å"taking me from the country of well, to the stark frontier.† It was then he chose to write about his experience for the purpose of documenting the changes that he, and his body wereRead MoreCancer And Its Many Consequences881 Words   |  4 PagesCancer and Its Many Consequences In the Topic of Cancer, Christopher Hitchens writes about his experience with Cancer and uses various claims in order to provide an audience with a well-written rhetorical essay. The Topic of Cancer begins with Hitchens describing the morning he found out he had cancer. He remembers feeling like death, literally. Throughout the essay, Hitchens uses claims and rhetorical statements to help the audience who cannot personally relate to cancer. I have had more than myRead MoreComparison Of Parkinsons Alley By Christopher Hitchens And Parkinsons Disease1203 Words   |  5 Pagesarticles â€Å"Parkinson’s Alley† by Joy Horowitz, and â€Å"Topic of Cancer† by Christopher Hitchens, the authors explain the fact that the causes for cancer and Parkinson’s disease are not proven to be known. Joy Horowitz also points out; more and more research is being done each day to better the understanding of these terrible diseases. Although Parkinson’s disease and cance r are completely different diseases, they are astonishingly similar. Illnesses like cancer and Parkinson’s disease directly or indirectlyRead MoreMarijuan What Is It?2233 Words   |  9 PagesAmericans to considered intensely whether or not marijuana should be legalized intensely or just for medical purposes; even leaving Americans to consider not legalizing the drug at all. History of Marijuana Marijuana has become a widely discussed topic within our society today. History has shown marijuana was and currently still looked down upon by society; yet there has been serious thought about the legalization oqf marijuana today. In 1545, marijuana was brought to American by the Spanish although

No comments:

Post a Comment